Whether you are traveling across the
country or around the world, we recommend the purchase of travel
AND WHY SHOULD YOU USE INSURANCE? - CLICK HERE
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT TRAVELERS INSURANCE - CLICK HERE
insurance is a small investment that protects you in a myriad of
- Cancellation due to illness
- Lost or stolen credit cards or passport
- Lost or stolen luggage
- Emergency treatment
- Airline strikes which may cause delays or loss of
- Travel supplier bankruptcy that may lead to a trip
- Terrorist acts in a city where you are making connections
We, the Travel 100 Group, strongly recommend the purchase of
travel insurance for important trips, especially those to foreign
countries. This insurance protects your trip investment and it
protects you. There are a number of highly rated companies that
offer insurance. A complete list of these companies can be found
at the following website: www.ustia.org
Our preferred supplier of travel insurance is Travelex
but we also use other travel insurance vendors for certain
situations where added coverage or special circumstances favor
When one stops and considers the number of events that can
negatively affect an important trip, the reasons why we promote
the purchase of insurance becomes clear.
- You, your travel companion, your family or your business
partner may become ill forcing you to cancel the trip
- Someone steals your passport and credit cards.
- You become ill on the trip and need medical advice and
- Your luggage becomes lost or stolen.
- You have a vehicle accident while on your trip and require
- The airline you are using goes on strike or their plane delay
causes you to miss your connection to your destination.
- One of your travel suppliers files for bankruptcy and cancels
- There is a revolt or terrorist act in a city where you
planned to make a connection.
While trip insurance will not prevent the above events from
ruining some or all of your vacation, it and the availability of a
24/7 assistance desk can eliminate most if not all of the
financial liability or loss.
Let’s look at the various elements of trip insurance.
We have used the Travel Plus policy offered by Travelex for this
example, although most suppliers offer similar coverage and all
offer policies with lesser coverage at a lower cost.
- Trip Cancellation ~ If you must cancel the trip for a variety
of good reasons, certain non-refundable expenses incurred will
be reimbursed. Vendor default causing a cancellation is one of
the good reasons. ($50,000)
- Trip Delay / Missed Connection ~ If the trip is delayed more
than 5 hours, certain additional expenses for accommodations,
transportation, meals and/or non-refundable expenses will be
- Emergency Medical ~ If you become ill or are injured during
your trip, primary coverage up to the limit of the policy is
provided. This includes emergency evacuation when your condition
is acute or life threatening and adequate treatment is not
available where you are. ($500,000)
- Lost or Stolen Luggage / Passport / Credit Cards ~ You are
covered for loss, theft or damage to your baggage. ($2500) Also
covered is the purchase of new clothes if your luggage is
delayed more than 24 hours. ($500).
- Travel Assistance ~ In addition to providing a 24/7 medical
assistance help line, the service desk also provides for baggage
tracking, emergency cash transfers, travel bookings and
destination information. They even will book events and change
reservations as needed.
- Rental Vehicle Damage ~ Primary coverage is provided that is
normally better than the insurance provided by the rental car
companies or credits cards. ($50,000).
A key part of purchasing travel insurance is determining the
amount of non-refundable deposits involved in your important trip
and selecting an effective date to start coverage. There may be
pre-existing medical conditions that can be waived when insurance
is purchased at the time you make your first deposit(s).
Note: These are general descriptions subject to the exact terms
and conditions set forth in the master policy provided by the
Insurer. You can visit the Travelex website for more details or
ask your travel counselor for a copy of the policy. The website is www.travelexinsurance.com
100 GROUP INSURANCE WAIVER - CLICK HERE
Disclaimer: The Travel 100 Group assumes no
responsibility for the insurance coverage or lack thereof. The
Travel 100 Group acts only as an agent for the Insurance Company
selected by our clients and the clients are responsible for
obtaining and understanding the detailed terms and conditions
regarding the insurance policy purchased.